From humble beginnings in a spare room of Peter's rented house in the late 1980’s the company has quickly established itself as a highly regarded designer and supplier of stylish, functional, high quality travel-ware.
Still run by the original founders, Lance Best and Peter Hall the company today distributes their Voyager Luggage range to more than 200 outlets
throughout New Zealand, including major department stores, leading retail chains and many independent retailers. Following the success
of Voyager, the company was appointed as New Zealand Distributors for international brands Antler Luggage and Korjo Travel Accessories.
With Peter’s impressive background in manufacturing apparel, and Lance’s sales and marketing expertise the two founded Voyager with the vision of offering travelers exceptional value in quality travel goods.
That vision lives on today and Voyager prides itself on the fact that the foundation for all our products is simple, functional, stylish design. The result is luggage that really works – and lasts – in the travel environment for which it was designed.
Our Focus on Quality Luggage
Each year our designers travel the world searching for new innovations and fashion trends. From New York to Guangzhou, Vancouver to Frankfurt, Melbourne to Delhi, Los Angeles to Paris – more than 80 days each year is invested in researching, designing and testing our own luggage designs.
Design is about identifying problems, asking good questions, and finding better answers. It’s a process we’re committed to and it’s our way of ensuring that each Voyager range reflects the very best, and the very latest in local and international thinking
Vision & Values
Voyager Luggage is what it is today for two reasons.
- Firstly, whenever we look at a new product, a new style, a new range, we always look through the ‘eyes of the traveller’ – we’ve developed an innate understanding of what our customers are looking for when purchasing their luggage.
- Secondly, from the very outset of every new design we never lose sight of the need to ‘engineer’ quality into our product.
What we believe in
Great design should be stylish, functional & affordable
- Maintaining a company culture that values customer service, integrity and excellence as foundations on which to build a very successful business
- Standing by our retailers and stockists so they can represent the very best Voyager has to offer
- Doing great work! For us this means staying at the leading edge of design and innovation, creating ranges that sell through and delivering on our promises.
- Making sure that the fun and excitement of travel begins with us
- Always taking our customer's needs seriously
- Building long-term and successful partnerships with our retailers and suppliers so that everyone benefits
- If you ask the right questions you’ll always find an answer